For people taking Plavix, dosage guidelines usually recommend taking one Plavix 75 mg tablet each day. To maintain an even level of the medication in the blood, Plavix should be taken at the same time each day. While the Plavix dosage can be taken with or without food, it's important not to break, chew, or crush the tablets.
For most people, the recommended Plavix dosage is one Plavix 75 mg tablet by mouth every day. The dose of Plavix® (clopidogrel bisulfate) your healthcare provider prescribes may vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless specifically instructed by your healthcare provider to do so.
Some considerations for people taking Plavix include the following:
- Plavix should be taken at the same time each day, morning or evening, to maintain an even level of Plavix in your blood.
- If you do not take your Plavix as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is close to the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not take double the dose at one time.
- Your Plavix dosage can be taken with or without food.
- For Plavix to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Plavix will not work if you take it in a way other than the one prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Plavix or your Plavix dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Plavix without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.