Am I Having Problems With Plavix?
Other Side Effects of Plavix
Rare Plavix side effects occurred in less than 2 percent of people taking the drug. Because these side effects are so uncommon, it is difficult to tell whether they are because of Plavix or something else.
Some of these possible side effects include but are not limited to:
- Decreases in certain cells involved with the immune system
- Serious skin or allergic reactions
- Decreases in platelets
- Stomach bleeding or ulcers
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Joint pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (see Plavix Precautions and Warnings).
Plavix Side Effects: Final Thoughts
You may experience some or none of the side effects mentioned in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Plavix. Also, let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be a Plavix side effect, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.